New York State Adoption Service NYSAS
NEW YORK STATE ADOPTION SERVICE
52 Washington Street Rm 323 North
Rensselaer, NY 12144
800-345-5437 - Nationwide
The New York State Adoption Service is the focus of adoption services of The Office of Children and Family Services. Listed below are New York State Adoption Service responsibilities:
- Child Photolistings: Administers and supervises the child photolisting process in which children are published in The Adoption Album.
- Family Adoption Registry: Provides support to the local social services districts and authorized voluntary agencies associated with registering families into the Family Adoption Registry.
- Family Photolisting: Administers the Family Photolisting by photolisting families on the state's internal The Adoption Album system.
- New York Parents Connection Help Line: Provides information and referral assistance on adoption, foster care, day care and family preservation to parents and professionals.
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children: Processes the placement of children into New York State and from New York State into other states, ensuring standards of safety and service established in the Compact are met.
- Adoption Subsidy: Reviews subsidy requests for maintenance and medical coverage based on the special needs of adoptive children.
- Putative Father Registry: Maintains a registry of putative fathers and children born out-of-wedlock, and responds to agency and court inquiries regarding the registration of putative fathers.
- Approval of Adoption Agencies: Reviews applications and renewals of not-for-profit agencies that administer adoptive placements with New York families.
- Adoption Technical Support: Addresses local concerns drawing upon the support of adoption specialists and adoption attorneys from OCFS regional offices.
- Public Awareness: Prepares materials, organizes and participates
in events to increase the opportunities for adoption for New York's waiting
children. If you have any questions, contact the New York State Adoption
Translate This Page
- Adoption Home
- Adoption Album Photolisting
- Silverlight Adoption Album
- Family Adoption Registry
- Video Gallery
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Adoption Agencies
- Adoption Subsidy Information
- The Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance
- The Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
- Other Adoption Resources
- Adoption User Manual (Caseworker Use Only)
- Post-Adoption Help for Families
- Tax Benefits
- Contact Adoption
- About NYS Adoption Service