Division of Child Care Services Home Page
The New York State Office of Children and Family Services provides a range of resources to help parents with their child care needs, people who want to start or are currently running child care programs, and anyone with a concern about the health or safety of a child in a day care program.
- For Orientation about how to become a child care provider, see http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/techreq.asp
- For a video conference introduction to the regulations, see http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/newregsvideo.asp
- Questions and Answers on Family and Group Family Child Day Care Regulations, Effective May 1, 2014
- Did you know that New York State, Office of Children and Family Services-Division of Child Care Services (OCFS-DCCS) developed regulations for serving beverages in child care? Learn all about them in a free training and earn credit.
- IMPORTANT NEWS FOR SCHOOLS AND CHILD CARE FACILITIES: FLU SEASON
Schools and child-care settings are required to post influenza educational material, in plain view, within their facilities. Information should be posted starting now. Influenza season begins in early fall and can last through May.
- Become an Approved MAT Trainer
The Medication Administration Training (MAT) - Training of Trainers (TOT) is a three-day course designed to prepare licensed healthcare providers to effectively teach the child care provider medication administration course.
- OCFS CONTINUES CRACKDOWN ON CHILD CARE SUBSIDY FRAUD
OCFS has announced that it is taking another step in its continued efforts to reduce taxpayer dollars lost to child care subsidy fraud and waste by seeking a technology-based solution to help local districts.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State's quality rating and improvement system. It is a voluntary program to rate, improve and communicate levels of quality in all regulated early care and learning programs. Read more about the important QUALITYstarsNY initiative.
Translate This Page
- Child Care
- Search for Child Care
- Info for Parents
- Info for Providers
- Letters to Providers
- Become a Child Care Provider
- Request to remove street address and map from the OCFS Website
- The Local Departments of Social Services
- Medication Administration
- Combating Child Care Fraud
- Plans & Reports
- Search Child Care website
- Child Care, Foster Care and Adoption:
- Child Care Complaint Line:
311 or 646-632-6101 NYC